UNDP admits that "free trade will not embrace the poor unless countries pursue a bold new policy agenda harnessing economic growth to
promote human development."
To deal with this issue, eight recommendations are then given:
1. Invest in competitiveness
2. Adopt strategic trade policies
3. Restore a focus on agriculture
4. Combat jobless growth
5. Prepare a new tax regime
6. Maintain Stable Exchange Rates
7. Persist with Multi-lateralism
8. Cooperate with Neighbors.
The UNDP Asia-Pacific Regional Human Development Report 2006 is titled "Trade on Human Terms" and can be downloaded from here.